In Home Wound Care
When you have a deep cut, burn, or other type of wound, you need to care for it daily by changing the bandages, applying ointment, and cleaning the area. However, you may need help doing this since wounds are sometimes located in awkward areas that you can’t reach on your own. It’s also possible that you don’t feel confident in your own ability to take care of the wound. Whatever your situation, our skilled home healthcare nurses are available to help you with in home wound care until the area has healed.
What to Expect with Our In Home Wound Care Services
Our staff always uses a standard, evidence-based protocol when caring for patient wounds. In addition to changing the dressing and other basic care, we provide you with the following:
- Education regarding self-monitoring for symptoms that may indicate an infection or complication.
- Education regarding how to prevent new wounds from occurring in the future and how to prevent complications with your current wound.
- Communication and collaboration with the doctor treating your wound about your progress and troubleshooting with him or her regarding slow-healing wounds.
- Advice on the types of foods, drinks, vitamins, supplements, and activities that promote faster healing of wounds.
- Recommend supportive surfaces or other types of devices that can aid in the healing of wounds.
Evidence-based care means that our home healthcare nurses use methods proven to produce positive outcomes for patients. The first time your wound care nurse meets with you, he or she creates a care plan that promotes the fastest possible healing of wounds. Your nurse seeks your input as well as that of your treating physician.
Benefits of Professional Wound Care in Your Home
When leaving the hospital or a long-term care facility, it’s important that you don’t have any gaps in your care. Desierto Home Healthcare is available to step in right away so you receive quality ongoing care. We assign a licensed nurse to your case to ensure a smooth transition from receiving care on an inpatient basis to receiving care at home. In addition to caring for your wounds, we can assist you with medication management, strengthening exercises, personal care assistance, and ongoing coordination with your other healthcare providers.
Not treating your wound properly could significantly delay healing or cause the wound not to heal at all. Please contact Desierto Home Healthcare today to establish a schedule of wound care in the privacy of your own home.